Avocado Chicken Salad
- Meat from 1 rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 avocados, 1 halved and 1 chopped
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ cup parsley leaves
- ¼ cup chopped dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large bowl, toss the chicken, scallions and celery to combine. Gently stir in the chopped avocado and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice.
2. In a blender, combine the remaining avocado and lemon juice. Add the olive oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, parsley and dill. Puree until smooth. The mixture should be thick and about the consistency of mayonnaise. (If needed, thin the mixture with 1 to 2 tablespoons water.)
3. Pour the dressing over the chicken mixture and gently toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. (We like it on toasted bread or sturdy whole-grain crackers.) The salad will keep, refrigerated, for up to 2 days.