6 slices of bread - buttered on one side
1 pint of half and half
1 teaspoon of dry yellow mustard
6-8oz. of sharp cheddar cheese (I personally use 8 oz. of 2% sharp cheddar)
1 lb. of Jimmy Dean sausage - original (I'm an original kind of girl, but you can use your own flavor preference of sausage)
1 bunch of green onions
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a 9 x 13 pan, lay the buttered bread, butter side facing down.
2. In a skillet, scramble sausage with diced up green onions.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs, half and half, dried mustard and salt and pepper to taste.
4. After scrambling the sausage and green onions, drain grease and then spread evenly over the bread.
5. Sprinkle cheese evenly over sausage.
6. Pour egg mixture over the top.
7. Refrigerate overnight.
8. On the next morning, bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes maybe even 40 (oven dependent).
Friendly tip/reminder - to prevent breakage of your glass dish, put your casserole in the oven and then turn it on OR allow the dish to come to room temperature and then add it to a preheated oven.