Prep time: 8 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 (4 section) waffles
Special Equipment: Waffle iron
3 cups of all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons of baking powder
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons of ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon of salt
4 large eggs
2/3 cups of packed dark brown sugar
1 cup of canned pumpkin puree
1 1/4 cups of milk
1/2 cup of molasses
1/2 cup (1 stick) of melted butter, plus some to butter the iron
Syrup, whipped cream or fresh fruits for toppings
1. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
2. In a medium bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar until fluffy, then beat in pumpkin, milk, molasses and melted butter.
3. Stir the wet into dry until just moist. Do not overstir the waffle batter.
4. Brush the iron with a little melted butter and cook 4 waffles, 4 sections each.
5. Serve with toppings of choice.
Have you made this recipe? Share your pictures on social media and tag us!