Lemon Sugar Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) of butter, softened
1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of Kosher salt
1 teaspoon of lemon extract
1/4 cup of granulated sugar for rolling cookies
1 tablespoon of lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 350oF.
2. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
3. Cream together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Add egg and mix until well-combined.
4. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and lemon extract.
5. Scoop cookie dough by the tablespoon full and roll into a ball.
6. Mix together granulate sugar and lemon zest into a large bowl. Place each ball of cookie dough into the bowl and roll to coat well.
7. Place cookie dough onto baking sheet, spacing about 1 1/2 inches to 2 inches apart. Lightly place each cookie down.
8. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.