Southwest Turkey Soup
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Sour cream and minced fresh cilantro
- In a Dutch oven, cook turkey in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the beans, broth, corn, salsa, chilies and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve with sour cream and cilantro.