- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c water
- crushed ice
For red syrup
- 1 c strawberries, halved
- ¼ c white rum
For blue syrup
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ c blue curacao
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar, and then reduce to a simmer, and stirring cook for two minutes.
- For red syrup: Pour half of the simple syrup - about 1/2 cup - over the strawberries. Allow to macerate for 1 hour, then puree in a blender with the white rum. Strain through a fine mesh sieve and reserve.*
- For blue syrup: Combine remaining syrup, lime juice, and curacao. Stir to combine completely. Chill syrups until ready to serve.
- To make ice: Use a snow cone machine or blend ice in a blender (you may have to do this in batches, keeping each batch in the freezer as you make the next one.
- Scoop crushed ice into glasses, then squirt syrups over packed, crushed ice and enjoy!