Spiced Averna Toddy Recipe
Ingredients for the Spiced Syrup:
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of whole black peppercorns
- 4 cinnamon sticks
Ingredients for the Cocktail:
- 1 ounce of Averna
- 1/2 ounce of spiced syrup
- 1/2 ounce of freshly squeezed juice from half a lemon
- 4 ounces of boiling water
- Lemon peel for garnish
Instructions for the spiced syrup:
- Combine water, brown sugar, peppercorns, and cinnamon sticks in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to simmer, stirring, and remove from heat.
- Cover and let sit for an hour and a half.
- Strain and store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to two weeks.
Instructions for the cocktail:
- In a heat proof mug, combine Averna, spiced syrup, lemon juice, and boling water.
- Garnish with lemon peel and serve immediately.