Salsa Verde Chicken
- 1 teaspoon neutral flavored oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (16 ounces) salsa verde, store-bought
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves and tender stems, chopped, plus more for serving
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar, Monterey Jack or Mexican cheese blend
- 6 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- Shredded lettuce, for toppings
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat then cook garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Stir in the salsa verde and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
3. Remove skillet from the heat then stir in the sour cream and cilantro.
4. Taste for seasoning, adjusting with salt, pepper or more sour cream if the sauce it too spicy.
5. Set aside about 1 cup of the sauce for assembling the enchiladas.MAKE CHICKEN FILLING
1. Stir the shredded chicken and half of the cheese into the sauce that has not been set aside.TO FINISH
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 2-quart baking dish and spread a little reserved sauce on the bottom.
3. Add about 1/3 cup of the chicken filling to the middle of each tortilla and roll into a cylinder.
4. Repeat, lining up tortillas, seam-side down, tightly in the dish.
5. Spread the reserved sauce over the tortillas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
6. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and place in the oven.
7. Bake until heated through, about 15 minutes.
8. Remove the foil and bake 10 minutes longer, until the cheese is melted.
9. Serve with shredded lettuce or cilantro on top.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped (optional)
- Chopped Cilantro
- Lime Juice (to taste)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tomato, finely chopped
1. Peel the avocado and remove the core.
2. Mash the avocado in a molcajete or a bowl until it reaches your desired consistency
3. Add the onion, jalapeno, cilantro and tomato and mix well.
4. Add lime juice and salt to taste.